Membership Terms & Conditions
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions that will govern the relationship between us, Small Screen Talent, and you, the Parent/Guardian. It is a legally binding agreement. These conditions are important to maintain standards and to ensure that all members gain the maximum benefit from their membership.
Any free trial (taster session) is strictly at the approval of the Academy Principal, subject to availability, and does not guarantee a place at Small Screen Talent. A free trial may not be claimed in retrospect.
Membership of Small Screen Talent entitles you to apply to send one child to one of the Small Screen Talent academy locations or online. It is possible to move from one academy to another should the need arise.
Fees are payable monthly by direct debit – prices can be found in the “Fees” section of our website. Class timetables, teachers, and in some cases Principals are subject to change from time to time without notice.
In order to avoid disturbing classes, you and your child are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes may be barred to anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late
The minimum membership period is 2 months. You must pay the monthly membership subscription by Direct Debit for the minimum membership period unless your membership is terminated without liability, suspended, or transferred in accordance with these terms. Small Screen Talent reserves the right to change the day, time, and location of the sessions. Should this be restrictive to attendance the minimum notice period will be waived.
We will suspend membership during the minimum membership period in the event that the child is unable to attend the Academy for more than one month due to his / her injury or illness. In the unfortunate event that it is medically no longer possible for the child to attend any Small Screen Talent academy at any of our locations or online, we will cancel the minimum membership period without any further obligation to you. We may require suitable medical evidence in the form of a GP or hospital letter setting out the medical reasons.
In the event that you do not make the membership fee payments when due, the right to send the child to attend any Small Screen Talent class (whether at an academy location or online) will be withdrawn until payment is received and brought up to date. Interest is payable (whether before or after judgement) on any sums not paid when due at the rate of 4% p.a. above the base lending rate of Yorkshire Bank calculated daily. If your account falls into arrears on more than three occasions during any one calendar year we reserve the right to terminate your membership with immediate effect.
At the end of the minimum membership period, your membership will automatically continue unless either party cancels by giving the other at least one full calendar month’s notice.
We may terminate your membership and discontinue the child’s entitlement to attend the Academy in the event of serious or repeated breach of these membership rules.
Payment is due on the 1st or 15th of each month. Payment must be made by Direct Debit mandate. If payment of membership fees or tuition fees is not made in full for any reason we reserve the right to suspend your membership and to exclude your child from the Small Screen Talent academy.
This agreement may be terminated if either party is in serious breach of its obligations to the other.
We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of your child for press or promotional purposes.
Acting for camera is one of the core modules at Small Screen Talent. Students’ work in classes can be shared by Small Screen Talent across any and all and by registering with Small Screen Talent, you are agreeing to these terms.
Bullying, harassment, abuse or other inappropriate behaviour by you, your child or guests is strictly forbidden and will result in expulsion and such other legal remedies as may be available.
To the extent permitted by law, our liability to you, save in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence shall be limited to the total amount you have paid for your membership.
You and your child must treat all Small Screen Talent members, children, staff and teachers with respect and consideration. Small Screen Talent does not tolerate rude, offensive or aggressive remarks and/or behaviour in any way. You must make yourself and your child aware of the health and safety rules of the venue and comply with the recommendations at all times.
If you have a complaint or concern that cannot be resolved via the Academy Principal please contact us privately and we will do our best to resolve the matter.
We reserve the right to make changes to these rules.
A notice period of one full calendar month is required for termination of membership and can only be given in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The time of receipt (not sending) shall be the time of commencement of the notice period.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Please read the Agreement. Ticking the acceptance box confirms understanding and acceptance of the agreement between yourself and Small Screen Talent. .
Terms; Small Screen Talent will be referred to as the Agency, the Artist will refer to the Artist/signatory parent or guardian and any person responsible for or accompanying the Artist on Assignment. Assignment(s) will refer to any work, assignment, audition or casting arranged by the Agency.
- Period of Agreement. The Artist will remain with the Agency for a minimum period of 12 months. The Artist will remain under contract with the Agency beyond this period if undertaking an ongoing Assignment(s) until the completion of that Assignment(s) or any further associated Assignment(s) in full. The Artist agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may not continue the Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian, or any other form of representation.
- Guarantee. The Agency agrees to represent the Artist but cannot guarantee that the Artist will receive any work as ultimately the final casting decision rests with the client and not the Agency. The Artist hereby agrees that no representations have been made to them by the Agency that have given such a guarantee.
- Terminating the Agreement. The Artist agrees that the Agency has the right to terminate this agreement and its representation of the Artist with immediate effect should the Artist, or any person accompanying the Artist, fail to behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times on Assignment(s) or should an Artist fail to attend a pre arranged Assignment(s) without notifying the Agency. The Artist agrees that the Agency has the right to terminate this agreement and its representation of the Artist with immediate effect should an Artist, or any person representing the Artist, fail to behave in a professional and courteous manner towards, and during any communication with, the Agency and Agency staff. In the event of the Artist failing to attend a pre arranged Assignment(s) without notifying the Agency the Artist agrees that the Artist may be liable for the costs of that Assignment(s). The Artist has the right to terminate this agreement by giving one full calendar month’s notice and agrees that the notice period will commence from the date that notification is received by the Agency. However, the Artist cannot terminate this agreement, and will remain under contract with the Agency, if undertaking an ongoing Assignment(s) until the completion of that Assignment(s) or any associated Assignment(s) in full and the Artist agrees to complete any Assignment(s) with the Agency that has been started in any form, verbally/written/email etc, and may not continue this Assignment(s) with a different agent/agency or by self/parent/guardian or any other form of representation.
- Commission. The Artist agrees that the Agency acts as an employment agency and grants the Agency sole authority to negotiate and collect, on behalf of the Artist, all gross income arising from any Assignment(s) negotiated by the Agency throughout the term and in perpetuity. The Artist agrees that a commission rate of 15% (plus VAT on that commission) will be deducted by the Agency from the gross fee for the Assignment(s). No refunds or rebates are payable on commission fees. The Artist recognises and agrees that the Client is the employer therefore payment for an Assignment(s) can only be made to the Artist, and chaperone as applicable, on receipt of payment from the client to the Agency. The Artist understands that the Agency will raise a commission invoice if the Artist is paid any fee directly by the Agency’s client and that representation may be suspended until the commission invoice is paid in full by the Artist. The Artist agrees that the Agency cannot be held responsible for booking changes made by the Client or for payment of monies owed to the Artist by the client if the client goes into liquidation or withholds payments from the Agency for any reason. The Artist acknowledges that they take on any Assignment (s) sourced by the Agency on a self-employed basis and that they are solely responsible for declaration and payment of any Tax and National Insurance, if applicable, that may be due and this is not the responsibility of the Agency. Parents or associates of the Artist who undertake work on behalf of the Agency agree that a commission of 15% (plus VAT on that commission) will be deducted by the Agency from the gross fee for the Assignment(s) and that, in regard to the Assignment(s), they are self-employed and are responsible for the declaration and payment of Tax and National Insurance that is due.
- Licensing. The Agency agrees to apply for a licence in accordance with the ‘Children and Young Persons Act 1933 and 1963 and The Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014’ providing that all the required and requested documentation is provided to the Agency by the Artist and or the Artist’s parent or legal guardian.
- Bookings. The Artist agrees that job details will be given orally, in writing, in paper or electronic form. The Artist agrees it is not the responsibility of the Agency to ensure the safety of the Artist whilst undertaking any Assignment(s). The Artist agrees to comply with all rules and regulations, including those pertaining to Health & Safety, that are in place at the Agency and at any premises or location where any Assignment(s) is undertaken. The Artist agrees that the Agency cannot be held responsible or liable for any injury or accident that may occur to the Artist when travelling to or from or during any Assignment(s) they undertake on behalf of the Agency. The Artist agrees that they are responsible for travel arrangements to and from the location of the Assignment should the client not include this in their contract and that the Artist must meet any expenses incurred when undertaking an Assignment and may only be reimbursed if this has been agreed between the Agency and Client . The Artist must inform the Agency within 48 hours of a job being completed to notify the Agency of the hours worked to allow the Agency to raise invoices for overtime etc. if applicable.
- Working Rights. The Artist agrees that they are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom when undertaking an Assignment and understands the Agency will not promote an Artist who has not provided the Agency with relevant documentation.
- Data. The Agency has the right to represent the Artist and publish Artist details, including images, in any promotional/advertising capacity without reference to the Artist. The Artist agrees that any document, in any media, created, produced or published by the Agency may not be used by any other individual or company without prior written consent of the Agency. The Artist agrees that the Agency may, in capacity of data controller (the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) share the Artist’s personal data with third parties, handle, hold and process data about the Artist in order to process primary and residual payments as necessary and, in compliance with statutory requirements, report information to Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and relevant child employment legislation authorities.
- Documentation & Changes. The Artist agrees that it is the responsibility of the Artist to complete and return any forms, measurement sheets and licensing documentation forwarded by the Agency. If the Artist is not licensed as a result of the Agency not having been provided with the correct information or documents the Agency cannot promote or forward the Artist for Assignment(s) in any form. The Artist agrees that it is the responsibility of the Artist to notify Agency of any changes to their personal details to include (but not be limited to) change of postal address, change of email address, telephone numbers, measurement details etc. The Artist agrees to notify the Agency of any significant changes to their appearance and understands that failure to inform the Agency of such changes may result in them being sent home from an Assignment without any payment due. The Artist agrees to update the images provided to the Agency should the Agency deem a significant change in their appearance has taken place. The Artist agrees and accepts that if updated images have been requested but not provided the Agency cannot promote or forward the Artist for Assignment(s).
- Sharing information. The Artist agrees that they shall not without prior written consent from the Agency make public any information in connection with the business of the Agency or these Terms & Conditions. The Artist agrees that any details regarding Assignment(s) work, paid or un-paid, undertaken by the Artist will not be divulged to the press/radio or any media nor posted on any social networking site or public forum without written consent by the Agency. The Artist agrees that if they are deemed by the Agency to have divulged any details regarding Assignment(s) work, paid or un-paid to the press/radio or any media the Agency has the right to terminate this Agreement. The Artist agrees that if they are deemed by the Agency to have posted derogatory and/or slanderous remarks on social networking sites and/or public forums the Agency has the right to terminate this Agreement.